Monday, May 23, 2011

A long weekend!!

What a long weekend!  I am exhausted!!  We were out of town for a wedding of some mutual friends from college (who I introduced to each other =P).  The groom is one of my husbands best friends, and Andrew was the best man (as was Steve in our wedding).  Kristin, the bride and I met our very first semester of college, we had a class together, but didn't become friends till later when we figured out we had some mutual friends and started hanging out a bit more.  It was a beautiful wedding, Kristin looked beautiful and Steve was very handsome!  Though I made the mistake of staying far too late and paid for it the next day,... I took a nap in the car on the way home I was so tired!!  I am hardly ever able to sleep in the car,... but the wedding was fun and it was nice seeing all of our friends from college again.  It was a little sad too, because one of our close friends Patrick, who was very close with both Steve and Andrew was unable to be there.  He passed away about three years ago suddenly right after moving to Colorado.  It was nice though that Steve and Kristin included a prayer during the ceremony for friends and family who could not be there, Pat being one of them.  They left this morning for their honeymoon in Mexico,... hope you guys have fun!!  Congrats again!

                                                        Mr. and Mrs. Van Proyen

                     Andrew making his Best Man speech.  He was so nervous!
                                                        It was also his birthday!!

                         Not very centered, but 4 good girlfriends together!

                             In remembrance of our dear friend Patrick Robinson.
                                                                    You are missed!


Well I'm officially a full nine weeks and one day.  Our baby is almost an inch long, about the size of an olive. My symptoms have gotten worse, I was just nauseous before but this week started throwing up.   I HATE throwing up, and cry every time I do. Thank goodness for my best friends mother though, she bought me some ginger snaps, and I eat a few before getting out of bed, and that really helps.  I haven't thrown up in 3 or 4 days now, so thank you Carol!!  I do still get nauseous though, especially if I don't eat.  My face is breaking out like I'm 15 again, I have already gone up a cup size, I am tired as tired can be, I get up at least once or twice a night to go pee, i'm gassy and bloated, my mood swings have gotten worse... but as horrible as it all sounds (and is sometimes), I know it means my pregnancy is a "healthy" one so far, which I am very thankful for.  But, I can't wait to get into my second trimester so some of these symptoms will diminish,... mostly the nausea.  I bought a few things at some garage sales this weekend, a few little clothes and couple more expensive things that I got for real cheap.  yay!

I would like to give thanks to all of you who have been keeping us in your prayers, even before we got pregnant.  It means a lot =).  We are so very excited, and I don't think I've ever seen Andrew smile this much, and he's usually a pretty happy guy!  We are just so very blessed!!! My next doctor's appointment is on Monday the 6th of June, I hope we get to see an ultrasound, but if not, we'll at least get to hear the baby's heartbeat =)  I absolutely can't wait!! 

We will be celebrating 4 years of marriage on June 9th, I can't believe it's been 4 years already!!  We've been together so long though, it feels much longer LOL.  We'll probably just end up doing dinner and a movie, which is perfectly fine with me =)

                                                                 June 9th 2007 <3

More updates to come soon!!

Love, The Boslers

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It's been 4 years almost since you got married? I can't believe it. Times really does fly. For both of my pregnancies, I had horrible morning sickness and always wondered why they called it morning sickness since I often felt sick all day. I hope your morning sickness doesn't last too long and that your second trimester you are feeling less sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kimmi me too,.. lol I am so ready to start feeling a little better!

    ReplyDelete